Allow us to be a little sentimental here. This is Partial Comfort Production's 9th season. We have 53 members - a true testament to the wealth of talent in New York City's theater community. Just think...it all started with a little ad in Backstage.
All 53 company members are moving ahead. There's just so much to share from week to week. So we invite you to follow us here in regular posts to see who is performing/designing/directing/writing with whom and where and when. We'll also give you the skinny on season 9 and other PCP productions and workshops. Don't forget - you can always subscribe to our RSS feed and follow us on Twitter (see link on our sidebar) to get updates directly.
WHAT'S UP NEXT
- Wednesday, September 7th marks the first performance of A Good Ending by Chad Beckim. Stay tuned for further updates...
- This week, catch the opening of Julius By Design, the inaugural production with Fulcrum Theater featuring Curran Connor and Crystal Finn.
- At the National Playwrights Conference at the O'Neill this month, see Frank Harts in Christina Anderson's Good Goods and Jenny Seastone Stern in The Troublemaker Project by Dan LeFranc.
- 2010 Drama Desk Nominee Sarah Nina Hayon can be seen in Sangre, Mando Alvarado's adaptation of Lorca's Blood Weddings, commissioned by SummerStage Theatre.
- Sam Hunter's A Bright New Boise will receive its DC premiere with Woolly Mammoth Theater Company this October as a part of their 32nd season.
- Greg Keller's Dutch Masters opens this month at The Berkshire Theater Festival.
- Cynthia Silver gives a one-night-only performance of her one-woman show, Bridezilla Strikes Back, selected as a part of the FringeBenefits series at the Laurie Beechman Theater this July 28.
WHAT'S GONE DOWN
- Alex Alioto was featured in the critically acclaimed The Reborning with SF Playhouse.
- Chad Beckim and the cast of our fall production A Good Ending traveled to the Orchard Project this week to workshop the play with other NYC theater artists.
- This spring, Stephen Brackett directed Bekah Brunstetter's critically acclaimed play Be A Good Little Widow on Ars Nova's mainstage.
- Congratulations to Jon Caren, who recently traveled to London as one of the selected writers for this year's T.S. Eliot Old Vic/New Voices Exchange.
- Brian D. Coats recently performed with Resonance Ensemble in H4, a multi-media interpretation of Henry IV.
- 2 PCP actors appeared in this year's Marathon with Ensemble Studio Theater. In Series A, Louis Changchien performed in Qui Nguyen's Bike Wreck; in Series B, Curran Connor performed in Michael Louis Wells' Two From the Line.
- Actor Jessica Frey performed on Monday in Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival's showcase of Julius Caesar, conquering 7 roles in one performance.
- Director Erica Gould had 2 premier pieces this spring/summer: Holy Crap!, the US premier at LaMama Etc. of Europe's most controverial play and Reporter Girl as a part of the Comic Book Theater Festival.
- Frank Harts was featured in the very popular School for Lies with CSC.
- MTC's production of Daniel Goldfarb's Cradle and All featured Greg Keller.
- Whitney Locher designed costumes this summer for Jubilee, The Merry Widow, and The Fortune Teller, all with Ohio Light Opera.
- In the Spotlight Series presented by The Public Theater's Emerging Writers' Group, Victor Maog directed Kissing Che by Augusto Amador Federico. Victor also traveled to Steamboat Springs to direct Joe Tracz's Boy Wonder at Perry-Mansfield, also featuring Matt D'Amico.
- Jeffrey Nauman is featured in The Merchant of Venicewith the Interlochen Shakespeare Festival and will also teach and perform with the Interlochen Arts Camp. He's also getting married this summer!
- Peter O'Connor recently appeared in the feature film Viola which received a golden palm at the Mexico Film Festival. His work in the short Devil Knows My Secret will be presented at the Brooklyn Film Festival.
- Maria-Christina Oliveras was featured in Tony Glazer's Reading Under the Influence with DR2 and Zoetrope, the final reading in The Public's Emerging Writers' Group's Spotlight Series.
- Debargo Sanyal recently guest-starred in the CBS series "Blue Bloods" as the character "Malik".
- Danielle Slavick appeared in Annie Baker's Practice as apart of Atlantic Theater Company's "10x25".
- Chris VanDijk was recently featured in a pilot for The Discovery Channel and is set to shoot his original screenplay in St. Louis in spring of 2012.