Keeping with our momentum, here's everything you need to know about what's happening for our company members. More on the genesis of this column here.
...And for news on Chad Beckim's new play opening this September, keep checking in with us here, on Facebook, and on Twitter.
WHAT'S UP NEXT
- Playwright Jon Caren's new work, Everything Under The Sun - a play that was workshopped as a part of our 2011 Summer Retreat - will be featured at New York Stage and Film on Wednesday, July 19th.
- This summer, Matt D'Amico is teaching with the Summer Shakespeare Camp at The Alabama Shakespeare Festival in Montgomery, Alabama. You can catch him this fall as "Jacques" in Cincinnati Playhouse's production of As You Like It.
- Director Erica Gould's production of Dirty Paki Lingerie opens this Saturday, July 16. This play is written and performed by Aizzah Fatima and is certain to cause a little stir.
- Frank Harts is a part of 2 festivals this summer. He's featured in Ben Snyder's Rivers of January this month at New York Stage and Film at Vassar AND in Christina Anderson's Goody Goods, featured in the National Playwrights Conference at the Eugene O'Neill Theater Center.
- This Friday, July 15 in Crotona Park, Sarah Nina Hayon performs in Sangre, a special commission from SummerStage Theatre of an adaptation of Lorca's Blood Weddings by Mando Alvarado. Sarah will also be starring in The Apartment, opposite Vayu O'Donnell as a part of the 2011 Fringe Festival. She's been shooting a new web-series called "Parker and Maggie" and will head to Northern California to shoot indie film OSCAR, opposite Ruben Gonzalez. Sarah is also featured in LOVE MAGICAL, a new film with How Dare You Productions.
- This Wednesday, July 13, catch Maria-Christina Oliveras in the season premiere of "Damages" on DirectTV.
- Cynthia Silver reprises the performance of her one-woman-show Bridezilla Strikes Back, featured this month in the FringeBENEFIT Series on July 28th.
- Jenny Seastone Stern travels to Waterford, CT (alongside Frank Harts) to perform in The Troublemaker Project by Dan LeFranc as a part of the O'Neill's National Playwrights Conference.
- As a part of MCC Theater's Youth Company and the FreshPlay Festival, Chris VanDijk will perform in Korrina C.'s Untitled on July 24th at The Beckett Theatre at Theatre Row.
WHAT'S GONE DOWN
- On July 11, Jackie Chung performed with Suzanne Barbette Jo Mei, Maureen Sebastian, and David Shih in Samantha Chanse's Locked House, directed by Kel Haney. This was the final reading in Ma-Yi Theater's Summer LabFest Series.
- Danielle Slavick was recently seen in a staged reading of David West Read's (The Dream of the Burning Boy) newest play at Lincoln Center, directed by Evan Cabnet.
- Fulcrum Theater's Julius By Design by Kara Lee Corthron opened this last week, featuring two PCP actors: Crystal Finn and Curran Connor. This production runs at The Access Theater until Sunday, July 24th.
- Jackie Chung and Jenny Seastone Stern both performed in the Germ Project with New Georges at 3LD, a series of 4 new plays developed in a truly collaborative form.
- Maria-Christina Oliveras just completed a workshop of Here Lies Love, a new musical with an original score by Fat Boy Slim and David Byrne, directed by Alex Timbers (Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson) at the Public Theater.